SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Monday, March 18, 2019

Challenge Commitment Complete: 52 Books in 52 Weeks--Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge

photo credit

When I saw 
Robin's Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge over at 52 Books I knew I ha to join. I had been thinking for quite some time that I would like to reread (and read for the first time a couple that I've missed) the mysteries of Agatha Christie. Robin's challenge is a low-pressure, on-going challenge that simply asks the challenger to read three novels per year.  I decided to try to read them in chronological order. And I modified the original challenge a bit--I will only be reading Christie's work. I most definitely will NOT be reading Sophie Hannah's version of Poirot and it is unlikely that I will read those by Charles Osbourne. If his novelizations of Christie's actual work are readily available to me, then I might. But I do not consider them part of my commitment for the challenge.

I have now finished my third book. I'll most likely read at least three more before the year's out--but I've met my commitment.

1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (1/18/19)
2. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie (1/25/19)
3. Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie (3/9/19)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading.

1 comment:

Lisbeth said...

Very good! I seem to have seen a lot of films and TV-series, but not actually read very little by her. Hmm, have to think of this challenge. I like low-pressure challenges. Thank you for sharing.