Monday, March 18, 2019

Challenge Commitment Complete: 52 Books in 52 Weeks--Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge

photo credit

When I saw 
Robin's Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge over at 52 Books I knew I ha to join. I had been thinking for quite some time that I would like to reread (and read for the first time a couple that I've missed) the mysteries of Agatha Christie. Robin's challenge is a low-pressure, on-going challenge that simply asks the challenger to read three novels per year.  I decided to try to read them in chronological order. And I modified the original challenge a bit--I will only be reading Christie's work. I most definitely will NOT be reading Sophie Hannah's version of Poirot and it is unlikely that I will read those by Charles Osbourne. If his novelizations of Christie's actual work are readily available to me, then I might. But I do not consider them part of my commitment for the challenge.

I have now finished my third book. I'll most likely read at least three more before the year's out--but I've met my commitment.

1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (1/18/19)
2. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie (1/25/19)
3. Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie (3/9/19)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading.

1 comment:

Lisbeth said...

Very good! I seem to have seen a lot of films and TV-series, but not actually read very little by her. Hmm, have to think of this challenge. I like low-pressure challenges. Thank you for sharing.