SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Challenge Goal Complete: A Non-Fiction Adventure

  A Non-Fiction
Adventure

August 10, 2013 - August 10, 2018

hosted by Michelle of The True Book addict
at A Non-Fiction Adventure's blog
Sign- up here
 
Back in August I signed up for the Non-Fiction Adventure.  Since this is a perpetual challenge lasting five years, I set myself the goal of reading at least 10 non-fiction books each year (my years will be the calendar years--not August to August).  It's been quite a push to meet that first goal in 2013, but here I am at near the eleventh hour to post success for 2013!  Here are the books read from August through December:

1. The Mystery Lover's Book of Quotations by Jan Horning (ed) [9/27/13]
2. The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkerson (10/1/13) 3. The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier (10/6/13) 4. Mystery & Crime: NYPL Book of Answers by Jay Pearsall (10/30/13)  5. By a Woman's Hand by Jean Swanson & Dean James (11/2/13)  6. Good-Bye to All That by Robert Graves (11/7/13)
7. Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence: The First Encounter by James L. Christian (ed) [12/26/13]
8. The Wit & Humor of Oscar Wilde by Alvin Redman (ed) [12/29/13
9. The Armchair Detective Book of Lists by Kate Stine (ed) [12/29/13] 
10. Crime & Mystery: The 100 Best Books by H. R. F. Keating (12/31/13)
 
 
Now I just need to cram three books into the rest of the day to complete the Out-do Yourself Challenge and I'll be finished with all the challenges for 2013!
 

2 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

You GO girl! Stop reading comments and get back to reading books! :p Happy New Year!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Great job, Bev! I'm going to really put the effort forward to put a dent in this one this year. I'm the host and I'm seriously slacking. haha!