SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Own or Borrow?

This week Booking Through Thursday wants to know: All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?

For the most part--own. Absolutely no question. I'm not just a reader. I'm a book-lover. Full-blown biblioholic. That would be why I currently have over 2,000 books. What I'm in need of is my very own private library so I can have all of them displayed instead of most of them boxed up.

The only exception to this would be current books. Most of the books I read are classic or vintage--less than 25% of the books I read are current. And I'm very picky about the current ones. I'd probably read them first and then go buy them if I really loved them.


7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I am all for selective hoarding. I already own more than 2500 books!


Here is my BTT: Own or Borrow post!

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is a lot of books.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_09.html

Gigi Ann said...

I don't do a lot of re-reading books, when they begin to overflow, I donate some of them to the local library. Some of my friends borrow books, with no pressure to read them quickly. Now they will re-read some of the books. There is one book I want to re-read, because my friend liked it so well she read it 5 times, before returning it to me. So I think I must have missed something the first time I read it.

llevinso said...

Oh my goodness, 2000! That's sooo many! I'm jealous :) I'm also a classics lover!

Here's my response: http://femalebookreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/me-buy-books.html

Sally said...

I’m a big re-reader so I like to own my books. I too have about 2000 books and not a lot of room left for more unfortunately.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-21.html

CMash said...

I prefer to owning but won't pass up borrowing a book if a friend offers.

Yvette said...

Oh, I always come down on the side of 'owning' or 'hoarding'. :) As it is now, I've got (own) tons of books though not nearly enough for me. But my budget being rather more of a fixed thing these days, I'm using the library more and more. Tomorrow I'm picking up about 19 or so books that they're holding for me. Ha!