SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Best Books: Set in War


The 5 Best Books meme is hosted by Cassandra at Indie Reader Houston.

I found this meme through Bibliosue and thought it sounded like fun. This week's 5 Best is the 5 best books that take place during a war. Here are a few off the top of my head:

1. The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
2. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
5. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

5 comments:

Grace at Feeding My Book Addiction said...

This sounds like a fun meme. Never heard of it before! The Killer Angels, Gone With The Wind, and The Diary of a Young Girl are great picks!

neer said...

An interesting meme. I've posted my 5 faves too. Haven't read these books except for Gone with the wind.

Cassandra said...

I love your list! Thanks for joining us. I've added you to the (new) linky.

I'm proud of myself because I've read 3 of the ones on your list. I have always wanted to read The Killer Angels. Definitely going to have to add that one to the list.

Suzanne said...

I kept my list to fiction otherwise Anne Frank's Diary would definitely have been at the top.

Congratulations on your child's graduation!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of The Killer Angels before; I'll have to check it out.

I had both number two and number three on my list too!

~Jenni
blookbog.wordpress.com