My newest mystery meme: the Golden Age of Detection (GAD*) Mystery Word of the Day. Whenever I find a word that I'm unfamiliar with--or shall we say not absolutely confident I know the exact meaning of, I'm going to actually take time to look it up and share it with mystery-lovers everywhere. There will be occasional words from more modern mysteries as well. 😊
Today's GAD Mystery Word of the Day: Willy-wagtail (noun) A passerine bird native to Australia, New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, the Bismarck Archipelago, and Eastern Indonesia. It is black with a white belly, eyebrows, and whisker marks.
Outside the hut wherein Bony was pondering these theories a willy-wagtail shrilly chirped its warning call and, thus warned of someone's approach, he quickly stacked the weather reports and was wrapping them in their brown-paper covering when Stella Borradale appeared in the open doorway. (Winds of Evil by Arthur W Updike)






















No comments:
Post a Comment