Friday, June 16, 2023

Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book (mini-review)


 Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book
(2013) by Diane Muldrow

Pretty much giving all the star points for nostalgia. This is a very (actually, TOO) short little book that doesn't really make the most of Golden Books and the knowledge we gleaned from them when we read them. While I can appreciate that Muldrow was attempting to follow the short sentence structure of the Little Golden Books she was using as source material, it would have been much more appealing for the adults (at whom this was aimed) if the book had a bit more substance. More complete examples of the points she was making--more words. Big people can take bigger, more complex sentences (and, of course, so can a number of smaller people). The most enjoyable part of the book was seeing all the images from Little Golden Books that I remember owning and reading (and rereading and rereading) when I was young. ★★

First line: Is your life starting to feel like a circus?

Last line: As long as you do, your life is bound to be Golden!

No comments: