SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, December 28, 2017

My Life in Books 2017

 
photo credit


Stole this little bit of year-end fun from Adam over at Roof Beam Reader, because why not? Like Adam, I first completed this back in 2010 and it was a great idea he had to do it again. The rules? Pretty simple: answer the questions with books you read this year!


• In high school I was: [Johannes Cabal] the Detective (Jonathan L. Howard)
• People might be surprised: When the Sea Turned to Silver (Grace Lin)
• I will never be (the): Murderer’s Choice (Anna Mary Wells)
• My fantasy job is (on): Star Trek: [The Art of Juan Ortiz] (Juan Ortiz)
• At the end of a long day I need: Thrilling Stories of the Railway (Victor L. Whitechurch)
• I hate it when (there’s): Death in the Wrong Room (Anthony Gilbert)
• Wish I had (a): Ghost of a Chance (Kelley Roos)
• My family reunions are (a): Maniac Rendezvous (Marc Brandel)
• At a party you’d find me with: Mr. & Mrs. North and the Poisoned Playboy (Frances & Richard Lockridge)
• I’ve never been to: The Hidden Planet (Donald A Wollheim)
• A happy day includes: Mistletoe & Mayhem (Richard Dalby, ed.)
• Motto I live by: Let Dead Enough Alone (Frances & Richard Lockridge)
• On my bucket list is: I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today (Dr. Seuss)
• In my next life, I want to have: What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw! (Agatha Christie)

That’s it!  My Life in Books! Want to play along? Share yours (or your link!) in the comments. 

1 comment:

Tarissa said...

I surely hope you will never be the Murderer’s Choice.

Loved the punny titles. :)