Saturday, September 2, 2023

Readers Imbibing Peril (R.I.P.) XVIII

 




It's been a while since I participated in the R.I.P. Event first hosted by Carl V. at Stainless Steel Droppings. The event is now hosted by Andi and appears on Instagram and Twitter, but for all the details, please see the link. The main object is to have fun and to share that fun with others while reading books that fall into one of the categories listed below.

Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Dark Fantasy
Gothic
Horror
Supernatural.

There are several levels and while it's not a challenge per se, I always set a personal goal so I can add this to my list of "challenges" accepted and completed. I'll be going with my usual Peril of the Fiction Read (read four fictional tales that fit the categories). I may also get some viewing in, but we'll see. I don't have a set list yet, but I can say with great confidence that most, if not all, of the books (films) will come from the Mystery category. I'm a big weenie when it comes to horror and thrillers. I will post my list as they come.

Peril of the Fiction Read
1. The Case Against Paul Raeburn by John Creasey (9/1/23)
2. The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier (9/2/23)
3. Who Speaks for the Damned by C. S. Harris (9/5/23)
4. Holding by Graham Norton (9/5/23)
Commitment Complete!
5. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (9/9/23)
6. Borkmann's Point by Hakan Nesser (9/10/23)
7. Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie (9/16/23)
8. Hemlock Hollow by Culley Holderfield (9/19/23)
9. The Man in the Cellar by Palle Rosenkrantz (9/20/23)
10. Nemesis by Agatha Christie (9/23/23)
11. The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman (9/28/23)
12. Depart This Life by E. X. Ferrars (9/30/23)
13. Murder on the Purple Water by Frances Crane (10/8/23)
14. While the Clock Ticked by Franklin W. Dixon (10/9/23)
15. What Happened at Hazelwood? by Michael Innes (10/14/23)
16. Alfred Hitchcock's Ghostly Gallery as ed. by Alfred Hitchcock [ed. by Robert Arthur] (10/16/23)
17. Hopjoy Was Here by Colin Watson (10/17/23)
18. Death & Chicanery by Philip MacDonald (10/19/23)
19. The Will of the Tribe by Arthur W. Upfield (10/21/23)
20 The War of the Worlds Murder by Max Allan Collins (10/24/23)
21. Death & the Conjuror by Tom Mead (10/26/23)
22. The Floating Lady Murder by Daniel Stashower (10/28/23)
23


2 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

This is last year's. The one for this year, RIP XVIII:
https://www.instagram.com/perilreaders/

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Jamie. This is where the link (https://linktr.ee/perilreaders) on the instagram page took me for the rules and such... I guess I'll just link up the instagram.