Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmas Spirit Challenge 2012


This is the fourth year for The Christmas Spirit Challenge hosted by The True Book Addict at its own dedicated site. I had a great time with this last two years...and it really helped me get into the Christmas spirit, so I'm going to join in again. [I can really use the help with the Christmas thing this year....Walmart's already turned me off with their non-stop Christmas music--and it's not even Thanksgiving yet.  Bah Humbug.  See.  I need this challenge!]

For full details, hop on the link above and check out the challenge site. In short, to participate in the main challenge you have to read Christmas books...no kid's books. There are additional challenges for film lovers (Fa La La Films) and for children's books (Visions of Sugar Plums), but you must complete a level of the main challenge to participate. The challenge will run from November 19th to January 6th. The levels are:

Candy Cane: read one book
Mistletoe: read two-four books
Christmas: read five or six books


I'm signing up for the Mistletoe level. I'll list books read below, with review links and dates as they come along.

1. Dancing With Death by Joan Coggin (12/5/12)
2. Murder for Christmas by Agatha Christie (12/8/12)
3. Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke (12/18/12)
4. The Cat Who Came For Christmas by Cleveland Amory (12/21/12)

Mistletoe Level Complete!! 12/21/12


2 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

So glad you're joining me again, Bev! Hope you get into the spirit soon. =O)

joyh82 said...

Wow you are doing great on your goodreads challenge. I am pretty far behind. Found your blog via the Christmas challenge. New follower :)