SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Chilling End

I finished the first Hitchcock collection and have now made my way through a second (More Stories My Mother Never Told Me). The second collection wasn't quite as interesting as the first, but it did contain two gems: "The Wind" by Ray Bradbury (I don't think I've ever read anything by Bradbury that I didn't like) and "Remains to Be Seen" by Jack Ritchie. In Bradbury's story, the wind itself is the "creepy-crawlie" in question. Who would think you could make the wind mad? And Ritchie gives us a clever way to dispose of an unwanted spouse.

Now, I'm sitting here looking at my "waiting to be read piles" wondering what I should pick up next? Another mystery? Or maybe a hilarious tale of derring-do from the 17th century (one of my most recent acquisitions)? As one of my sweatshirts says: So many books and so little time....

I've decided...another pocket-size edition mystery it shall be. Dead Center by Mary Collins...an author I know nothing about, so this is going to be an adventure.


No comments: