Jay at Bibliophilopolis tempted me with he 7th annual Deal Me In Challenge for
2017. I had watched it go by a couple of years and though it would be a chance to tackle some of the short story collections that I'd let languish on the TBR stacks. I did finish all the stories--but I found myself struggling to keep up with the card/story-a-week format. I think I'm going to go back to just working collections into my other challenges.
Thanks for hosting, Jay!
Here are the stories I read this past year:
Clubs
K - "Winemaster" by Robert Reed (finished in December, logged 12/30/17)
[A - 10 from The World's Best One Hundred Detective Stories Vol. 7 by Eugene Thwing, ed.; J-K from The Year's Best Science Fiction 17th Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois, ed.]
Spades
4 – "Green Tea" by Richard Wadholm (finished in December, logged 12/30/17)
[from The Year's Best Science Fiction 17th Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois, ed.]
Diamonds
3 – "Daddy's World" by Walter Jon Williams
[A-J from The Year's Best Science Fiction 17th Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois, ed.; Q-K from Murder by Experts by Ellery Queen, ed.]
Hearts
5 – "The Hound" by William Faulkner (catch-up post 11/14/17)
K – "Almost Perfect" William MacHarg (6/18/17)
[from Murder by Experts by Ellery Queen, ed.]
No comments:
Post a Comment