I'm back for another round of Liz's reading challenge at The 52 Book Club. Hers
is a low-key challenge, so there is no pressure to fulfill all 52
categories I'm setting a personal goal of 26. I may read more that fit
the categories, but at 26 I can claim my challenge goal fulfilled. Each of the last three years I've managed to pull off all 52--so who knows, maybe I'll get
there again. I'll list some tentative selections below and update as
needed.
9. Character-Driven Novel: The Emperor's Snuff Box by John Dickson Carr [Eve Neill's character is vital to the plot] (1/3/24) 10. Told in Non-Chronological Order: Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney (3/26/24) 14. A Grieving Character: Winter in June by Kathryn Miller Haines (2/12/24) 16. Omniscient Narrator: There Is a Tide (aka Taken at the Flood) by Agatha Christie (1/14/24) 20. Revenge Story: Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers (3/21/24) 22. Plot Similar to Another Book: Murder in C Major by Sara Hoskinson Frommer (1/15/24) 25. Author "Everyone" Has Read Except You: Think Twice by Harlan Coben [given how many books he's sold & his bestselling status] (9/22/24)
31. Includes a Personal Phobia: The Blood-Dimmed Tide by Rennie Airth [losing a child to violence] (2/16/24) 32. Time Frame Spans Week or Less: Death Takes a Bow by Frances & RIchard Lockridge (2/24/24) 33. Abrupt Ending: The Hollow (Murder After Hours) by Agatha Christie (2/26/24)
34. Set in Landlocked Country: Crossed Skis by Carol Carnac [Austria] (7/31/24) 36. Futurist Technology: Q-Squared by Peter David (3/17/24) 40. Set During Holiday You Don't Celebrate: Death of a Fool by Ngaio Marsh [Winter Solstice] (3/4/24) 42. Author Debut in Second Half of 2024: Dance of Death by Helen McCloy [my challenge, my rules: this is McCloy's debut & I read it in the 2nd half of 2024] (8/21/24) 47. Self-Insert by Author: Making It So by Patrick Stewart (4/10/24) 49. Set in City Starting with the Letter "M": Still Life by Louise Penny (6/28/24)
May Mini-Challenge:
M: Author Last Name Starts with "M": Dance of Death by Helen McCloy (8/21/24)
A: A is for Alpha: Amphigorey by Edward Gorey [contains two alphabet books] (5/24/24)
Y: Interrogative Word in Title: Who Cries for the Lost by C. S. Harris (5/21/24)
No comments:
Post a Comment