I seem to read a fair amount of books that are part of series, so I thought I'd give Leana's Series Challenges a try. First, she has the Series Catch-up Challenge. She plans on having give-aways as well--full details at link above.
I'm going to aim for 20 points. I may do more than that, but will be able to claim the challenge finished for my 2023 tally if I complete 20.
HOW IT WORKS
π ANY book that is part of a series, in any format, counts
π +1 point if a book is a continuation of a series
π +3 points if a book is the latest volume of an incomplete series
π +5 points if a book is the final volume of a complete series
π +1 point if you REREAD a book in order to continue a series (i.e. you decide to reread Chain of Iron to refresh your memory before going in to Chain of Thorns)
π -1 point for a new series you start in 2023 (if you then continue the series it earns points the same way as any pre-2023 series)
10. Heart of the Sun by Pamela Sargent & George Zebrowski [ST: TOS #83] (2/19/23) [+1] 12. The Fear Sign by Margery Allingham [Albert Campion #5] (2/22/23) [+1] 13. It Walks by Night by John Dickson Carr [Henri Bencolin #1--have read others] (2/24/23) [+1] 16. Towards Zero by Agatha Christie [Supt. Battle #5--last of the Battle books] (3/5/23) [+5] [20 points total--Commitment met! Still Reading]
22. Gone West by Carola Dunn [Daisy Dalrymple #20] (4/6/23) [+1] 23. Fatal Enquiry by Will Thomas [Barker & Llewelyn #6] (4/9/23) [+1] [30 points]
28. Silent Witness by Margaret Yorke [Patrick Grant #2] (4/22/23) [+1] [40 points]
[50 points]
47. The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle [Professor Challenger #1] (8/9/23) [+1] [60 points]
56. Nemesis by Agatha Christie [Miss Marple #12] (9/23/23] [+1] [70 points]
60. Hopjoy Was Here by Colin Watson [Flaxborough Chronicles #3] (10/17/23) [+1] 62. Body Blow by Kenneth Hopkins [Dr. Blow & Prof. Manciple #3] (10/22/23) [+1]
No comments:
Post a Comment