
Here's the first line from The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton:
Whoo Boy! That's some exciting beginning there. Don't you think? {And that's the 1870s, by the way.}
The Friday 56 is a bookish meme
sponsored by Freda's Voice. It is really easy to
participate. Just grab a book, any book, and turn
to page 56. Find a sentence that grabs you and
post it.Here's mine from The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton:
As he went out into the wintry night, New York again became vast and imminent, and May Welland the loveliest woman in it.





















4 comments:
Ooooohhh!! I love this book sooooo much but I haven't read it for years. Lucky you to have all it's deliciousness ahead of you!
Here's mine
I haven't read this one yet....but I'm definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.
Love both snippets, but especially the romanticism of the 56!
I love myself some Edith Wharton! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by, sorry for my late return visit! I hope you had a great weekend,
Juli @ Universe in Words
Post a Comment