Rules
Complete!!! 10/23/12
Mystery Lover...but overall a very eclectic reader. Will read everything from the classics to historical fiction. Biography to essays. Not into horror or much into YA. If you would like me to review a book, then please see my stated review policy BEFORE emailing me. Please Note: This is a book blog. It is not a platform for advertising. Please do NOT contact me to ask that I promote your NON-book websites or products. Thank you.
Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.
11 comments:
I don't know any of the books, but some of the titles sound very interesting!
Good luck with the challenge!
I love this one. I'll have to take a look at it over the weekend. Maybe I'll sign up too. Good luck with it!
Oh I love this one too. My LibraryThing Wishlist is out of control. I do like when I read books from it.
I should join this one. 12 books, hmmmm :-)
Count me out on this one. I signed up for those tbr challenges for a very good reason. :P This challenge would be bad news for my goals.
Wow! Over 1,200 mystery books? That's my idea of heaven. I only have about 40 mystery books, but I do regularly borrow from the library too. Definitely love some mystery reading :)
You are incorrigible, Bev. Ha!
I haven't read any of these. Looks like I'll have to do some investigating...
How is this a challenge? Isn't it just an invitation to buy books??? My husband would kill me if I joined this one!! HAHA!
"If I don't have a wish list" - HAH! Mine has over 600 titles on it (in an Excel speadsheet); I'm thinking of blogging about that.
My husband would also flip his lid if I wanted to buy 12 new books, Mrs. J., but I'm thinking I could get them from the library...
Thanks for bringing this challenge to my attention, Bev!
Jenners--Debbie's right. I won't be buying the books on this list. These can all be found at the library. Of course, that isn't to say that I won't be buying books next year.....
Stop it, Bev. Just stop it. Now you've got me looking at other challenges, and this one sounds too good to pass up. Just the other day I was looking at my list of books and thinking I need to pare it down a bit. I suppose this would accomplish that goal, in part.
Carol...I'm sorry. But I can't. I've joined a support group and everything (Reading Challenge Addicts Anon) but it doesn't help. Actually, I think we just egg each other on--and Gina and I seem to be in a competition to outdo each other on number of challenges. :-)
Post a Comment