SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Daphne Du Maurier Challenge


As I mentioned a couple of posts ago...I seem to be addicted to reading challenges. Just don't seem to be able to pass one up. Thanks to Rose City Reader, I have now had another one brought to my attention. Chris over at book-a-rama is hosting the Daphne du Maurier Challenge. Click on the Challenge name for full details.

Fortunately, the challenge runs until April 19, 2011 so I have plenty of time to work on this one.
I plan on signing up for the "Dreaming of Manderley" category: "Participants in this category, will read 3 of Daphne du Maurier's larger works, her novels or non-fiction. You can also count a collection of her short stories as one book." And may even try to add the "Dame Daphne (Combination)" --for those who can't decide what to read or want to read a bit of everything. Participants in this category will read or view 3 from the categories above (2 short stories count as 1 book).

At the moment I plan to read for the "
Dreaming of Manderley" category:
1.
The House on the Strand (9/12/10)
2. Castle Dor (10/5/10)
3.
Rebecca (10/8/10) (a re-read...but it's been years since I've read that classic and will relish the chance to read it again.)

Possibles for the
"Dame Daphne (Combination)":1. Jane Eyre (9/28/10) (as an "inspired by")
2. Watch
Rebecca (10/10/10) 1940s Hitchcock version
3. Rebecca's Tale (10/9/10) by Sally Beauman ("inspired by")

No comments: