SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reading Like Mad

I've been reading like mad as I've joined in Pure Imagination's Once Upon a Read-a-Thon (click for details). So far, I've knocked out three books (see original post about the Read-a-Thon for more details on the books).
  • The Crooked Hinge by John Dickson Carr
  • What Men Say by Joan Smith
  • Mrs. Malory & the Fatal Legacy by Hazel Holt
If only there weren't this thing called work....I'd have way more under my belt.


No comments: