Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Challenge Complete: What's in a Name 6



Beth Fish is hosting a sixth round of the What's in a Name Challenge.  I had a lot of fun with this one last year and just had to sign up again.  The goal--to read six books one in each pre-determined category.  I've still got a few books that will meet various categories, but I've managed the initial six necessary to complete the challenge!


Here's my plan (subject to change):
1.  A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title:  
Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)

2.  A book with something you'd find in your kitchen in the title:  
A Spoonful of Sugar: A Nanny's Story by Brenda Ashford (4/3/13)

3.  A book with a party or celebration in the title:  
Holiday Homicide by Rufus King (4/23/13)

4.  A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title: 
The Man Who Went Up in Smoke by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (1/8/13)

5.  A book with an emotion in the title:  
Unhappy Hooligan by Stuart Palmer (3/24/13)
A Cold & Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry (3/9/13)

6.  A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title:  Four Lost Ladies by Stuart Palmer (1/23/13)
 

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats!

Yvette said...

Honestly Bev, I don't know how you can keep track of all your challenges. I get confused if I even sign up for two. Which I didn't, this year. No more challenges for me.

But congrats anyway. Well done. :)

HOLIDAY HOMICIDE sounds like a book I'd definitely enjoy. Never heard of it or the author, but I'll see about tracking down a copy. From your description, it does sound a bit like Wolfe and Archie. The yacht taking the place of the Manhattan brownstone.

Debbie Rodgers said...

I always love to see how folks complete this particular challenge. Well done!

Bev Hankins said...

Yvette: I have a spread sheet...that's the only way I can keep track. :-( That's my sad face for "no more challenges"...not even a Vintage Challenge?

Thanks, Ryan & Debbie too!