Sunday, June 17, 2012
High Summer Read-a-Thon
Cheryl, one of our fearless leaders over at the Reading Challenge Addict support group, shared about an upcoming Read-A-Thon. She has signed up and I'm joining in too. I only have 24 more challenges to complete this years.....so, I'm thinking a read-a-thon would probably be useful to help me meet that goal. Want details? Well...here they are:
Michelle from The True Book Addict is hosting her seasonal read-a-thons and the summer one is running from July 16th through July 22nd. Her read-a-thons a great because no pressure, no challenges and read as much as you want to. Hoping you join me!! She has set up a separate blog for her seasonal read-a-thons so visit and sign up here.
From her Read-A-Thon Blog:
I'd like to welcome you to the new dedicated blog for my seasonal read-a-thons! The first official order of business here at Seasons of Reading is to announce sign-ups for the High Summer Read-a-Thon, coming your way Monday, July 16 through Sunday, July 22. Times are central standard time so adjust your times accordingly. I'll be hosting this read-a-thon (and all others in the future) at this blog from now on so be sure to follow (there is a multitude of ways in the right sidebar) so you can stay up do date on all the news. Now, let's get down to brass tacks on the read-a-thon details:
* Books read must be novels or novellas, adult or young adult are fine, but no children's books. Of course, non-fiction is fine too.
* You DO NOT have to participate the entire week. Join in when you can, start in the middle, end early...whatever works best for your schedule.
* I will not be hosting any mini-challenges during the read-a-thon. Trying to keep it more about the reading here by eliminating time spent completing mini-challenges.
*There will be a participant giveaway at the end of the read-a-thon for those who sign in at the starting line and complete a wrap-up post. Number of winners will be determined by the
number of prize donations I receive.
* Other participants may host their own mini-challenges/giveaways, but participation in these is entirely optional.
*You do not have to have a blog to participate. You can sign-up, sign-in, and wrap-up...all from Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads. You can also do updates from those locations, if you do not have a blog.
* We will be on Twitter during the read-a-thon, tweeting under#HSreadathon We had some nice little reading sprints last time on Twitter. No prizes, just bragging rights. Fun!
As usual, I'm putting the call out to any authors who would like to sponsor a giveaway or donate a prize to promote your book(s). Also, any participants who want to host a mini-challenge or giveaway are more than welcome. If you do opt to host somtehing, make it as simple as possible so people can focus more on the reading. You can contact me at truebookaddict AT gmail DOT com. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. As with my previous read-a-thons, this will be a week of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries.
Bev's Reading List: