It just wouldn't be right if I didn't start of 2012 signing up for another challenge....so, here I go. Jumping right in for The Stephen King Project sponsored by Natalie at Coffee and a Book Chick & Kathleen from Boarding in My Forties.
The Stephen King Project Overview
- This will run from January through December 2012
- Anyone can join. But you should have a blog OR an account with Goodreads, Shelfari, etc., so you can write your reviews and we can visit via the link at The Stephen King Project.
- The Project will be hosted at The Stephen King Project. Participants should link their reviews to the Linky there.
- Audiobooks count.
- E-books count.
- A King Novice: 1 book
- A Lil Bit of King: 3 books
- A King to Balance It All: 6 books
- A King Legend: 9 books
- A King for All Seasons: 12+ books
I've never read a Stephen King book. When all my friends in high school were rushing to read Carrie and Cujo and The Shining and all the rest (see, I know the titles), I was busy with science fiction (Asimov and Bradbury and Silverberg and Clarke). And I'm not much of a horror/thriller kind of girl. BUT I am absolutely on board with reading King's latest--11/22/63 (complete 10/8/12)-- and, so, I'm going to be very cautious and sign up for the lowest level. Yep, that's me, A King Novice. Now, I just have to find the time (amongst all the other challenges) to read that 1000+ page doorstop that I got for Christmas.