Sunday, November 20, 2011

One Book, Two Book, Three Book...More

It's time to rejoice with the revival of the One Book, Two Book, Three Book meme originated by Simon at Stuck in a Book and brought to my attention by raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading.


1. The books I’m currently reading: Gaudy Night by Dorothy L Sayers. The penultimate mystery novel in the Wimsey-Vane cycle of Sayers' detective novels. Craziness abounds at a women's college in Oxford

2. The last book I finished: Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford. A lovely biography that I've meant to read for a long time. AND The Word for Everything by Roger Mitchell, pleasant little book of poetry.

3. The next book I want to read: The Pianist in the Dark by Michele Halberstade. A novel of love and music inspired by the life of pianist Maria-Theras van Paradis, a blind virtuoso and contemporary of Mozart and Salieri.

4. The last book I bought: The Word for Everything by Roger Mitchell. I bought it yesterday from the Friends of the Library Bookstore at our local library.
.
5. The last book I was given: Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer. Arrived as a surprise in the mail from one of my great blogging buddies, John over at Pretty Sinister Books! He is one of the most knowlegable fellows I know on vintage mysteries.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bev, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, and especially right before the holidays. You're in my thoughts.