Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.Link*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.

*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.
Here's mine from Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice: I saw nothing but that light then as I drew blood. And then this next thing, this next thing was...sound. A dull roar at first and then a pounding like the pounding of a drum, growing louder and louder, as if some enormous creature were coming up on one slowly through a dark and alien forest, pounding as he came, a huge drum.

9 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

I haven't read any Ann Rice in years. This is the book that got me started on her. The movie wasn't bad, but I liked the book better.

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
I've not read this book, but it's on my TBR list. I've also posted about my winning a book from you and The Vintage Mystery Challenge. I've started reading it and love it so far. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read this one, but I like the way the suspense builds, word by word. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TT POST and
MY WEBSITE

Bev Hankins said...

@Alice: If it weren't for challenges this year, I probably would never read this one. Not my usual thing.

@Sherrie: Glad you're enjoying it. It's one of my favorites!

@Laurel-Rain: Yes, it does build the suspense nicely. Not my usual kind of read--but the story-telling is excellent.

Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post said...

I've never read Anne Rice. The only vampire I really love is Barnabas Collins!

http://peggyannspost.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-teaser-tuesday.html

Anonymous said...

Ah, I loved this one when I read it!

Marcie said...

I know I'll get stoned for saying this but I'm not a huge fan of this series. I know lots of people love it. It definitely has some good parts though. Thanks for the teaser. You can check out mine here: http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-sept-13-2011.html

Julie @ Read Handed said...

I've never read this one. Thanks for the teaser!

wutheringwillow said...

Hi! Thanks for the visit to my blog!

I have never read anything by Anne Rice. Intriguing Teaser!