Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays

WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This is a weekly meme that I have been participating in for over a year now.

To play along just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you just recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current:

The Master of Ballantrae by Robert Louis Stevenson: Set in the mid-eighteenth-century Scotland, this brooding historical romance finds two brothers ominously divided during the Jacobite Rebellion. The struggle between good and evil begins in the old Scottish castle of Durrisdeer--the ancestral home of the Durie clan--where James Durie
, Master of Ballandtrae persists in his lifelong rivalry with a younger brother and relentlessly seeks to acquire the family fortune.



Read Since the Last WWW: Wednesday (It's actually two week's worth--click titles for reviews):
The Affair of the 39 Cufflinks by James Anderson
That Day in September by Artie Van Why
The Yellow Dog by Georges Simenon
The Fencing Master by Arturo PĂ©rez-Reverte
No Case for the Police by V. C Clinton-Baddeley
The Elberg Collection by Anthony Oliver
Seven Gothic Tales by Isek Dinesen

Up Next:
Shatterday by Harlan Ellison
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The High Crusade by Poul Anderson


7 comments:

CMash said...

OK...I give up...7 books in 2 weeks? Please, please, pretty please, what is your secret? I promise I won't tell anyone!! lol

Bev Hankins said...

And here I thought I was behind...Goodreads says I am--according to the challenge I've signed up for.

No secret, really. Just keep grabbing another book when I get finished with one.

Anya Millar said...

Love the list! And 7 is doable as long as you read fast and stay up all night, lol will be reading your reviews, thanks.

Here's mine: House Millar - WWW

Aine

Unknown said...

Wow, great choices :)

here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays_17.html

The Well Read Fish said...

Really? I thought I was a quick reader!I too like a good mystery. I'll have to keep up on your blog and recommendations!

Here's my latest: http://wellreadfish.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays_17.html

Anonymous said...

Yay, Robert Louis! I adored his stories as a kid, and read them all before somebody told me they were classics...and by then it was too late. I was hooked. :)

Happy WWW!

Lex Write said...

The Book Thief was amazing!
New follower
Check out my WWW when you get the chance
http://thenovelstudent.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesday-817.