Super Book Password

The third round of Super Book Password is ready to go. I'll be working on the first book for my Movie Title Password this week. Come join me for some Password fun!


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Reading Soundtrack

btt button

This week's Booking Through Thursday question:

What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading? (Given a choice, of course!)

I don't usually listen to anything when I'm reading. It's not that I can't or it's too distracting. I've been known to get lost in a book and not hear much of anything. At this stage of my life, though, I figure if I'm just going to tune the music out, then there isn't much point of having it on.

But if I do have music playing, then it has to be instrumental--preferably classical or soft jazz.


8 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

jlshall said...

This was pretty much my answer, too. I generally like peace and quiet when I'm reading.

CMash said...

I need some background noise or I tend to doze off, getting old I guess lol. If I am reading a book where I am "transported", I am not aware of anything either, however, music prevents that from happening. Odd, huh? But then, it's me lol.

Pepca said...

I don't listen to anything usually, either. Here is my BTT.

Gigi Ann said...

I totally agree with you. I love my peace and quiet, the only music i would listen to if I had music on, would be what my kids use to call 'elevator music' but if I have the choice I want peace and quiet.

Tribute Books Mama said...

I agree also, I prefer quiet reading.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_23.html

gautami tripathy said...

I prefer soft music while reading.

Here is my BTT: Soundtrack post!

Amy said...

Great answer! I'm the opposite though, I always have to listen to music when I read. Love your blog! :)