Saturday, April 23, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge: Letter T


Here we are at Day 20
of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays) I will be doing a post for each letter of the alphabet. I have been sticking to my plan and making most of my posts about reading and/or books. April 23rd is brought to you by the Letter T.



T is for TBR. That mystical "To Be Read" pile or list. Towers of books. Tons and tons of books. Piles all around the back room. Shelves of books just waiting to be read. If you're like me, there are more than enough books on that TBR list to last for the rest of your life. I figured it out--based on the the average number of books that I read a year and going to one of those sites that will estimate your life expectancy--if I don't buy another book to add to my TBR piles, I still won't have time to read everything I've got in the house right now. (Shhhh! Don't tell my husband. He'll just offer that as proof that I don't need to buy any more...) But that won't keep me from adding to the piles.




And that doesn't even count the TBR lists that exist virtually--the books that I've come across through other bloggers or someone has recommended to me or I've just seen somewhere and thought might be interesting to read sometime. And then there's the TBO list (To Be Owned)--those are the vintage mysteries and other books that I have on my "gotta have 'em" list. That's the list I take with me whenever we go on vacation--because you never know when you might find a used bookstore.


It sortof sounds like I'm addicted, doesn't it? Well, at least it's a harmless little addiction....as long as I don't start spending the grocery money on my books.


2 comments:

fredamans said...

MY TBR is getting to the point where I have stopped ordering books until I get it under control. Unless I can't pass it up, then it will grow... LOL

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/t-is-for-tower.html

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
I can understand this addiction, I have it too. My hubby is always saying I don't need any more books, then I run across one at a flea market or rummage sale and I'm off again. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-t.html