Friday, April 8, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge: Letter G

Moving right along to day 6 of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays) I will be doing posts for each letter of the alphabet. It is my plan to make my posts reading &/or book-related. April 8th is brought to you by the Letter G. But, just for today I am going to veer off of my reading/book-related posts and share something very special to me.



G is for Good Turn. Part of the Boy Scout training is that all scouts should have this goal: Do a Good Turn Daily. Anyone who stops by my blog is sure to notice my big alert at the top of the page. We're getting ready to honor my son who has earned Scouting's highest rank--that of Eagle Scout. Yesterday, he made his mama proud by doing an incredible Good Turn and truly showing his Eagle Scout heart.

We were heading out the door to go to work and to school and I watched him load his jean jacket pockets with loose change. I asked him what he was doing.

"We're collecting money for Riley Children's Hospital at school."

When we got in the car, I checked my change purse, but I only had 15 cents. I went ahead and gave that to Kyle. My husband pulled out his wallet and offered up a two dollar bill.

"You guys are cheapskates," said Kyle, in a teasing voice.

I turned around to look at him and, in addition to his change-laden pockets, he was holding a wad of bills. He gave all the money he had at home to the cause. I l
ove my young man.






2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your "G" post is awesome. And your boy sounds like a great kid. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-z-blogging-challenge_08.html

fredamans said...

You have a good guy!!! That is a great value to have and it looks to be instilled in your son. Well done, and bravo on the post!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/g-is-for-ground.html