Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind


This week on Top Ten Tuesday (brought to you every Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish), we get to choose any Top Ten List we missed out on or would like to revisit. I'm revisiting my Book Resolutions for 2011. Let's see how I'm doing so far....

1. Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne. This one has been on my TBR list for so long that it's got a long flowing beard. I've started the darn thing about three times and always seem to get to the same place and then quit. I will finish it this year. Still hanging out on the TBR pile. But I've got it down for several challenges...so if I want to finish the challenges, I've got finish Sterne.

2. Emma by Jane Austen. I love Austen. You'd think that I would have read everything by her by now. Not so. Gonna work on changing that. Completed! Click title for review.

3. Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford. Another book that I've started but never finished. Not that it wasn't interesting--but it's so darn long. Still hanging out on the TBR pile. As with Sterne I've got it down for several challenges...

4. Middlemarch by George Eliot. One of those monster "I was an English Major and I like the Victorian era--I should read this" books. I do want to read it--but it's very intimidating sitting there on the shelf. Ditto Sterne & Millay.

5. The High Crusade by Poul Anderson. A carry-over from my Science Fiction days....need to get it off the shelves. Yep. This one's still TBR too.

6. The Best of Mystery by Alfred Hitchcock. A gift from my best friend (too many Christmases ago). Need to get that one off the shelf too.... This one's still TBR too.

7. Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. An early mystery that I've wanted to read for a long time. This one's still TBR too.

8. The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katherin Green. Another vintage mystery that's been on the list for quite a while. Ah, finally...another one read. Click title for review.

9. The Book Thief by Mark Zusak. I've seen so many good things about this one. Still TBR too.

10. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis. (The whole trilogy, actually.) Another carry-over from science fiction days. First of the trilogy done! Click title for review.

So...three out of ten done in three and a half months. Not too bad. But better get moving if I'm going to knock them all out.

8 comments:

Birdie said...

Good job, Bev!
hehehehe I'm afraid to visit my Book Resolutions list.
This time I did my "hall of shame" books. 10 books I can't believe I've never read.

Trish said...

Emma and Book Thief are on my list for this year too. The trouble is there are too many other good books getting in the way! What I'd really like is to take all my TBRs and hide myself until they are all read.

kayerj said...

great progress and good idea for a top 10. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

M.J. Fifield said...

The Book Thief is in my TBR pile too.

Yvette said...

The only one I've read is THE BOOK THIEF. I highly recommend it, needless to say. Hope your surgery goes without a hitch and you're back on your feet really soon. Take care, Bev.

Anonymous said...

I love how most are still in the TBR pile, lol! At least you read Emma :)

Sophia said...

Not bad. I reckon you're on track to finish that lot by the end of the year. I did all-time favourite books this week, though you may not want to look - Emma is mentioned!
http://sophiasbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-ten-tuesday-rewind.html

LBC said...

Sterne and Eliot are pretty hefty, but they were a couple of my favorite reading experiences. You can do it.

Here is my list