Thursday, April 7, 2011

Theme Thursday: Beauty



Rules:
*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you're reading that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

This week's theme is Beauty [Beauty-Related] and here is mine from How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu (p. 27):

I will say, though, that it's hard to stay in shape in a recreational time travel device. I eat a lot of ramen. There isn't enough room to do push-ups. Sometimes I pick up Ed and curl him a few times.


Trust me, that's about as beauty-related as it gets. The book is pretty dense with science fictional techno-babble. Male beauty...it's all about the muscles and staying in shape.


8 comments:

Amy said...

Great choice! This definitely works for this theme! I was stumped for a bit too!

Stacey Donaldson said...

Seems like a guys idea of beauty to me! LOL

Congrats to your son, what an accomplisment!

Marla said...

This made me giggle, especially the part about "picking up Ed and curling him."
Thanks for stopping by this morning. I noticed in your profile that you are in Bloomington. My husband lived there during his childhood and he has fond memories of it. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

LOL, cute.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursdays-is-fun-weekly-event-at.html

fredamans said...

LOL @ Curling Ed.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday-beauty-related.html

kavyen said...

Oh, I struggled with this theme as well. One would have thought beauty related snippets would have been easy..:) But, well.. we surely have some interesting reads

Playing Librarian said...

This is something different.. but beauty related nonetheless =)

Yvonne said...

Great snippet!