Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Snapshot

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.




It's almost softball season again. My husband and I have played on my English Department's co-ed softball team for the last six years. This is me crossing home plate (a rare treat for me!). Hubby just told me that the first spring game will be April 17th. Unfortunately, I'm on the DL this year...health issues are going to put me on the bench. But I look forward to cheering Hubby & the department on this spring.

14 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, that looks like fun! Definitely a moment for Spring....

Thanks for visiting my blog.

bermudaonion said...

It's always fun to go to a game when you know the people playing in it. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Very cool that you and the husband were playing on the same team. Last time I played coed softball was for a corporate game about 12 years ago, and I though I'd have a heart attack when I hit a double (that was easy), but running the bases with 30 extra lbs - not so easy...LOL

Helen's Book Blog said...

Reaching home plate is very impressive! Too bad you can't play this season

Bev Hankins said...

@Diane: Yeah, hitting the ball isn't nearly as difficult as running. I've never been much of a runner...especially after hormones kicked in.

Col (Col Reads) said...

Great motion in this picture, Bev! Sorry you won't be playing this year, but cheering is really important!

Carol said...

You look like a professional out there - what a stride! And are you actually wearing cleats or spikes, or whatever they're called these days? Hormones? I'd return mine if I could. They've ceased to be amusing.

Bev Hankins said...

@Carol: Yep...cleats. Decided they were necessary the day my foot slid in the dirt and I nearly did the splits (and I'm not a do-the-splits kind of girl either) and did pull something in my thigh.

Alyce said...

That's too bad that you don't get to play this year. That looks like so much fun!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Oh I wish I had young knees and could play baseball again. That looks like fun.

Congrats to your son on the upcoming Eagle Scout Ceremony. My nephew made Eagle Scout and it was quite an honor.

Trish said...

Congratulations on that home run and your soon-to-be Eagle Scout!

Summer team sports so much fun. The next best thing to playing is the cheering ;)

Anonymous said...

I looks like you're having fun, and I like that there's a lot of movement in the picture.
Too bad you can't play this year, but have a great time cheering you husband on.

Irish said...

What a great shot. Reminds me that Spring is on the way. Which is something needed after the snow that fell here on Friday!

My snapshot: http://www.tickettoanywhere.net/2011/04/saturday-snapshot.html

Lizzy Writes said...

Wooh! Softball season is the best time of the year :) I just had my first outdoor practice yesterday.. what a great feeling!
I am sorry about your being stuck on the DL :(