Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
Burial Deferred by Jonathan Ross
The Innocent Bottle by Anthony Gilbert
The New Adventures of Ellery Queen by Ellery Queen
My Foe Outstretch'd Beneath the Tree by V. C. Clinton-Baddeley
The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard

Currently Reading:
Third Girl by Agatha Christie: From her tousled appearance to her perplexed stare, there was so much about the young girl that struck Hercule Poirot as peculiar. But it was her vague confession to a possible murder she's not even sure she committed that really threw the Belgian detective for a loop. What's more, the odd bird has suddenly gone missing. Where to? No one knows. Why? No one cares. So what's her secret? No one's talking. But Poirot suspects it's going to be a killer.

Books that spark my interest:
The Porcupine by Julian Barnes
Victorian Tales of Mystery & Detection: An Oxford Anthology by Michael Cox (ed & selected by)
Death of a Doxy by Rex Stout
Intruder in the Dust by William Faulkner
Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer
The Cat Who Could Read Backwards by Lillian Jackson Braun
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to start reading some Agatha Christie! Unfortunately, I always seem to forget this fact when I'm at the library... Hm.
Hope you like it! Happy Monday. (:

Jennifer said...

I am a huge fan of Christie's books as well as Heyer's. Enjoy your reading and have a lovely week: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-35.html

Anonymous said...

I didn't love The Imperfectionists but I may not have been in the right reading mood either. Impressive lists as usual.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Nice week for you! I have yet to read Agatha Christie... I can not wait for the day when I can quit saying that :)

Marce said...

That AChristie sounds great, haven't heard of that one either but I have only read my 1st one this year :-0

My post.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-are-we-reading-monday.html

M.J. Fifield said...

Love William Faulkner but I've never read Intruder In The Dust. I'm currently reading Cassandra Clare's City of Fallen Angels. It's not wowing me so far.