Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birth Year Challenge: Time Machine Update



I have fulfilled my commitment to the Birth Year Challenge: Time Machine Edition. I dedicated myself to read eight books from 1966 (my husband's birth year) and I have now done so. But there are still some interesting books out there to read from that year, so I'm still going to be reading and adding candles to his cake (I promise not to add more candles than you deserve, dear). Here's the list of books read:
1. Fantastic Voyage by Isaac Asimov (4/30/11)
2. The Magic Finger
by Roald Dahl (4/16/11)
3. Third Girl by Agatha Christie (4/18/11)

4. Death of a Doxy by Rex Stout (4/26/11)
5. Flying Finish by Dick Francis
(1/29/11)
6. Live or Die by Anne Sexton
(1/21/11)
7. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard (4/17/11)
8. Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer (4/28/11)

I will do another Wrap-Up post when I'm all done reading 1966 books.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Of this list, I've read: THIRD GIRL, DEATH OF A DOXY and FLYING FINISH. Terrific books! I'd never heard of this challenge or I might have been tempted to join in. HA!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

1966 is my birth year, so thanks for the ideas! Just yesterday I went looking for a copy of Flying Finish. I didn't find it (found two other Dick Francis books instead, so not a big loss), but am going to check the library.

Now that you've got me on an Agatha Christie tear -- and Rex Stout for that matter -- I'll go find those as well.