Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Dynamic Duos


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're being asked to list our Top Ten Dynamic Duos: These are the BFFs, partners in crime, powerful couples, and general groups of awesome people that I just can't get out of my head!

1. Lord Peter Wimsey & Bunter &/or Lord Peter Wimsey & Harriet Vane
2. Pooh & Christopher Robin &/or Pooh & Piglet
3. Tommy & Tuppence (Agatha Christie)
4. Holmes & Watson
5. Anne Elliot & Cpt. Wentworth
6. Phileas Fogg & Passepartout (Around the World in 80 Days)
7. Hercule Poroit & Cpt. Hastings
8. Nancy Drew & Bess (&/or George)
9. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
10. Dorian Gray & Lord Henry

And I forgot....Pam & Jerry North.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I cry every time I read the scene when Christopher Robin goes off to school and he is saying good-bye to Pooh.

Poirot and Hastings are a good pair too.

Katie said...

Ooh, Jekyll and Hyde is a good one! Nice list!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I just finished Murder on the Orient Express and loved the character of Hercule Poroit.

Yvette said...

I could have added all the ones you listed, Bev. But we share Holmes and Watson. They show up on almost every list, that's for sure. I often wonder if Conan Doyle is spinning in his grave to think that Holmes and Watson are still so much revered. ;)

Birdie said...

We *do* have a few pairs in common, eh? Lord Peter/Bunter/Harriet for the win!

gautami tripathy said...

This is a VERY good list! I forgot Nancy Drew!


Here is my Top Ten Picks post!