Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: February 5

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.




A couple of pictures of the ice storm here in the Midwest. We didn't get hit as hard as some. But it still made it pretty slippery and knocked
out our power for a while.



15 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I think ice storms seem scary (especially after I saw the movie The Ice Storm), but they make for some gorgeous photos. These are fabulous! I love the frozen "drips" in the first photo...and in the second one, they seem like Christmas icicles, almost...

Here's my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

brandileigh2003 said...

Totally not a fan of ice. It can snow, rain whatever but ice bites.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

bermudaonion said...

I'm glad that storm missed us!

Alyce said...

I hate the ice, but I love icicle photos! Whenever we get freezing rain here (once every few years) I have a great time taking photos in the backyard.

Unknown said...

Ice storms are beautiful--as long as I'm looking at from inside, where the electricity is on!

Yvette said...

I'm sitting here surrounded by ice. But it's not so beautiful as in your pix. :)

Bev Hankins said...

Now we're getting snow on top of it....

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I like the pictures - I am not a fan of snow or ice but a good ice picture can be beautiful.

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

The ice is very pretty if it doesn't disrupt power lines or you need to travel in it. We don't get ice too often in Chicago, just piles and piles of snow.

Anonymous said...

Great shot! The weather has been really strange everywhere this winter. Even in Florida we've had a few nights in the teens.

Tasha said...

An ice storm sounds scary, but the tree looks cool.

Bev Hankins said...

Ice is definitely no fun. I'd rather have a couple of feet of snow than ice.

Margaret said...

Fabulous photos, but an ice storm must be terrible.

Trish said...

The ice makes everything look so lovely and there's always a crackly tinkling sound too, isn't there? I love that.

Shelly B said...

I love the way it makes the trees look! Thanks for stopping by my blog.