Sunday, February 13, 2011

Meet Me on Monday (35)

Meet Me on Monday is a blogging meme hosted by Java at Never Growing Old. As she says: "Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself wondering, "who is this person?" I know them...but yet I don't know them! I want to know who the person behind all those words is so I thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!"

Every Sunday she will post five get to know you questions that we can copy and paste into our own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us. To play along click on her meme name and join up with the linky.

This Week's Questions:
1. Did you get any Valentine's Gifts? So far I've had a heart-shaped box of chocolates delivered at work (by UPS, not a flying squirrel--although that would have been cool). Hubby says there are two more items coming by mail...maybe the squirrel will bring those. :-)

2. What is your favorite topping on something toasted? Chocolate & Graham Crackers on toasted marshmallows...S'mores!


3. Do you pick out your outfit the night before? Generally. I get moving before the hubby and if I don't pick them out the night before I have to wake him up to get in the closet. He's much more pleasant in the morning if I don't do that.


4. What food item do you absolutely despise? Brussels Sprouts. Ewwwwww! I've hated them since I was small. My dad had a rule that you had to eat one tablespoon of whatever was on the table. And you could not leave the table until you had. Somehow he managed to balance three of those things on the spoon. They sat on my plate all through dinner. When dinner was done...there they still sat and so did I. No amount of pleading would change Dad's mind. I finally ate them cold. And vowed that I would never eat another Brussles sprout again.



5. Righty or lefty? I'm right-handed. There are times I wish I could use both though--I could get twice as much done!



8 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Brussel sprouts seems to be on the hate list a lot. Its certainly not one of my favourite foods either!
Have a great week!

Madeline said...

I love your brussel sprouts picture!!!

Have a good week and Happy Valentine's Day!

Irene Palfy said...

hihi - I like Brussels sprouts - seems that I am the only person around. *yay - more for me* ;") I think I liked them as a child because of their name: In German it is "Rosenkohl" (= rose- cabbage), which made me think of roses of course.. I liked the idea of eating green rose's blossoms. ;")

Yvonne said...

Yum - I love smores :)

Happy Monday!

Bev Hankins said...

@Irene...see it's that cabbage part that gets me. Warm cabbage doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Unknown said...

Never eaten a Brussels Sprout as far as I know. Sounds like I haven't missed anything!

Teacher/Learner said...

I'd love to be ambidextrous, too. Sometimes I wish we'd evolved from octopi rather than monkeys, then we'd be better multitaskers :D I hated brussel sprouts as a kid but I get these kind with a butter sauce that are much more edible.

blueyes said...

You know my mother had that same rule. Now I could leave if I ate the appropriate amount of vegetables but when I refused to eat steak I sat there for HOURS until finally I gave in, ate it, then proceeded to vomit back up. I think she learned her lesson lol