Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: Happy New Year!

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or a family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.



This is a picture of Times Square in NYC. No, I wasn't there on New Year's Eve. This is from my last trip in October 2009. But this is a view of the area where I would be...if I were going to travel all the way to NYC just to watch the ball drop. Which I don't plan on ever doing.


4 comments:

Alyce said...

It was really neat watching the ball drop (from the comfort of my home) after having visited NYC last summer. I don't plan on ever being there for New Year's either - too many people!

Happy New Year!

Red said...

I used to think I should go to Time Square to see the ball drop at least once. And then one year I spent NYE at a bar not far from Time Square and realized this is an immensely better idea. I'm warm, I have drinks and I can watch the ball drop on TV while hearing the crowds.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I've always wanted to be there, but not necessarily when the ball drops. That crowd would make me claustrophobic! LOL

Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Miranda Hardy said...

Reminds me of the clean-up they will be doing today. I wish to visit at some point in the future.