Thursday, January 20, 2011

Booking Through Thursday:


This week Booking Through Thursday wants to know: "Even I read things other than books from time to time....like, Magazines! What magazines/journals do you read?"

I have had a subscription to the London Review of Books for quite some time and was a faithful reader. But I just let my subscription lapse so I won't be reading it this year. I still have a Smithsonian subscription and read that. And any time there's a New Yorker available I'll read that too. But, really, I'm not much of a magazine reader. If I want something shorter, then I'll go for short stories or poetry.

5 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I don't read a lot of magazines either.
http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com/2011/01/btt-periodically.html

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/booking-through-thursday_20.html

Jenners said...

My guilty pleasure each week is Entertainment Weekly and US Weekly. Last year, we used a lot of unused air miles to get free magazines and were inundated with all these magazines that we could not keep up with for 6 months. To be honest, we only really read them in the bathroom ... to help "pass the time."

Yvette said...

Oh my gosh, I used to be SUCH a magazine reader. At one time I remember receiving as many as ten different magazines every month. Although several of them were art work related.

I used to receive the old version of Victoria Magazine for years and years.

Now I just receive Country Living and occasionally when I remember to renew, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. I do like to read decorating magazines and every once in awhile I also read Vogue and Elle.

jlshall said...

I've always loved magazines. Don't have as much time to read them these days. And those New Yorkers do stack up alarmingly!