Sunday, October 3, 2010

Top 5 Sundays (#9): Best Disney Movies


Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week’s theme is Best Disney Movies!
Hope you have fun too!
After much deliberation (there are SO many great Disney films), here are mine:

#5: Mary Poppins: Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke and dancing penguins. A spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Popping in and out of chalk pictures. What more could anyone want?

#4: The Parent Trap: The ORIGINAL with Hayley Mills. I'll just say right now, up front--I don't like remakes. It's one of my prejudices and since it's such a harmless one I'm not ashamed of it. The end where they go camping is one of my favorite parts.

#3: The Aristocats: This is such a fun, jazzy Disney movie. Love it, love it, love it!



#2: 101 Dalmatians: Again, the ORIGINAL, animated version. I also have a real problem with taking something I have loved in animated form (Dalmatians, Scooby-Doo, Underdog, you name it) and trying make it live action or computer animated, meant to look like live action. Leave my loves alone! I love this one not only for the Dalmatians...but Cruella De Vil. She's so nasty.



#1: The Emperor's New Groove: This is one of the few movies that can send me into paroxysms of laughter every single time I watch it. It doesn't matter how many times I see the scene where the kids and their mom are harassing Yzma (culminating with her being all gooed up & feathered and used as a pinata)...I laugh till my sides hurt.


So, how about you? What are your favorite Disney movies?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow great list!!! Glad to have you join in this week! =)))