Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's a teaser from my current read, The Divine Comedy: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers & Barbara Reynolds), p. 158:

From one new heart of fire was heard to rise
A voice, that like the needle to the pole
Turned me to whence it came; and on this wise

It spoke: "The love that makes me beautiful
Bids me proclaim that captain who praised mine
With such fair words, and him in turn extol;

10 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Oh! The Divine Comedy!! That is great!! I am going to read this one!

jlshall said...

Wonderful teaser! Everyone should read The Divine Comedy. I've read bits of it, and hope to get the whole thing read one of these days.

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic teaser! It's hard to go wrong with The Divine Comedy.
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful words!

My teaser is here:
http://homeofaimala.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-101210.html

~ Amy

Jennifer said...

One of my favourite books. Great choice. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-in-hovering-flight.html

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Ah, your teaser makes me want to go read the book again. The last time was when I was in high school, and who remembers that far back anyway.

Here's my teaser: http://jockstewart.typepad.com/writers_notebook/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-to-be-continue-by-charmaine-gordon.html

--Malcolm

Stephen said...

The comedy has been recommended to me...it's supposed to satirize virtually element of society?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blogger. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I haven't read Divine Comedy since high school...

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

You reminded me of when I felt smart when I read. Maybe it's time I returned to the classic classics.

Shari said...

Lovely!