Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2 or 3) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include spoilers! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Remember to show the title and author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teasers!

Here's mine from Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser (non-fiction):

This translates literally as "Beware lest the bird fly out of its cage, or without its mate like the turtle-dove live alone to lament the absence however short it may be." The only possible implication is that the writer is the bird who may fly out of her cage, if badly treated, or else go into a decline out of melancholy."


7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds interesting! I prefer historical fiction to straight history myself. Mine is from The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King. Happy reading!

Audra said...

I love Fraser but haven't read this bio yet -- nice teaser!

jlshall said...

I've got this one on my TBR list. I always enjoy Antonia Fraser - she's a wonderful writer. Excellent teaser!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

A beautiful teaser, thanks for sharing it.

Bev Hankins said...

This is, by far, a more interesting selection than anything I've read from the book so far. This is from page 400....I'm currently on page 185. Not trying to discourage anyone from taking this on, but it's been a bit of a struggle so far. This was written in 1969 (so it's early Fraser) & I'm tackling it for a Birth Year Reading Challenge.

Alayne said...

Great teaser! I love the poetry. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Kaye said...

Sorry you're struggling a bit with this one - hopefully the next couple of hundred pages will be easier.